DATO DUO synth
This is the Dato DUO — an instrument for making electronic music together. You don't have to be an experienced musician: we designed the DUO to be enjoyed by kids aged 3 to 99 and up — that includes you!
This side is the synthesizer. Generate and sculpt gritty, bold or soft sounds. You play with filters and add effects such as a bitcrusher and accent. And add beats!
Loop eight notes on the sequencer side. Compose a melody using the keyboard — flashy lights indicate which tone is playing. You can randomize the sequence, speed up and pitch up and down.
We chose the parameters and ranges of the DUO carefully — it's hard to do anything wrong. And while the DUO might not have as many features as other instruments, the range of sounds you can create is huge!
- 8 step circular sequencer
- 2 octave minor pentatonic keyboard
- adjustable tempo
- pitch up and down in semitone steps
- adjustable note length
- effects: boost and random
- 12 bit monophonic synthesizer
- 2 oscillators: saw and pulse
- variable pulse width
- 2-pole low pass filter with resonance
- 2 drum pads: kick and snare
- effects: delay and bitcrusher
- 3.5mm (1/8") headphone/line output
- micro USB for power
- full-size MIDI in and OUT
- 3.5mm (1/8") sync in and out
- dimensions: 23 x 19 x 9 cm
- weight: 1.1 kg
- power: 5V DC (micro USB)
- built-in speaker